It has occurred to me that, while my field trips excite me, it might be nice for people back home to know what daily life is like. So this post is dedicated to the ladies in my life who like that sort of thing: my mother and aunts. :)
First thing first: This is the first thing you will see once exiting a plane, if you're anything like me. This is called, in English, a "squatter". There are of these here than toilets, and I'm at the point where I prefer them to toilets for the following reasons:
1. I feel it's cleaner; not to overshare, but there's less touching involved in the process. You figure it out. :)
2. It's a heck of a lot faster
3. It's nice to bend my knees that deeply---it's actually building my leg muscles in a simple way!
Some other weird things about the bathrooms here, which I'll post more about later:
1. Bring own soap, as none is usually provided
2. Own toilet paper, which is NOT to be thrown into the toilet or squatter, but discarded in the trash bin NEXT to the bowl. Interesting.